Fork Follow dpick Revisions - 4 Forks - 0 Save to your recipes
dpick / Shrimp and Linguine Fra Diavolo
- 1 pound linguine
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup small diced onion
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 to 3 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups canned tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails removed
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more for pasta water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Bring a large 1-gallon pot of salted water to a boil, and place the pasta in the pot.
- Cook for 5 minutes and then drain; pasta will be only partially cooked.
- As the pasta cooks, set a 14-inch saute pan over medium-high heat and add the olive oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the onions to the pan and cook until lightly caramelized and wilted, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic to the pan and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the red pepper flakes and saute briefly before adding the tomato sauce and tomato paste.
- Cook the sauce until reduced by about half, about 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the partially cooked pasta to the pan along with 1 cup of the pasta cooking water and continue to cook the pasta in the sauce until al dente, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Season the pasta with the salt and garnish with the parsley. Toss to combine and serve with grated Parmesan, if desired.
Update Message: parmesan didn't go well here
Tags: easy, Shrimp, pasta